The field of online marketing is a vast field that changes every day, as new components are introduced. Social media marketing is the latest addition to the vast tools available to physicians and business owners to market their business. SEO, pay-per-click, newsletters and press releases are just some of the terms you hear on a regular basis. The influx of information has left some Doctors bewildered as to the continued relevance of press release development and its role in building their practice.
First of all it’s important to know what is a press release?
It’s a written document that informs the media about impending or current news. It usually contains specifics such as the physician’s name, contact information, the basic outline of the story as well as its relevance to its intended audience. In other words, why is it noteworthy. It’s a marketing tool that is used to communicate through the media to the public. Press releases also communicate with search engines and are therefore an important aspect of SEO (Search Engine Optimization). In order to help with site optimization for your medical practice website, press releases should be written and designed to be read by search engines for higher page rankings.
Benefits of press release development
- An essential tool to market your practice
- Advertises your practice and its services to the public
- Provides the opportunity to share success stories
- Attracts increased traffic to your site from backlinks
- Increased visibility for search engine
- Higher search engine rankings
- Cost effective
Steps to take in press release development
- First, you need to have something to say that is newsworthy and of interest to an audience. You should determine the best angle to tell your story from that will increase SEO, provide maximum benefit for your site and therefore your practice. It’s very important to edit, you cannot include everything.
- You will need to gather all the relevant facts and data that are crucial to your story. Make sure your facts and supporting data are current and still relevant.
- Compose your teaser or lead sentence/paragraph. This is a very important component as this along with your title is the reader’s first introduction. It should capture their attention and imagination and make them want to read more.
- The body of the press release should tell the story, who, what, where and how. It should be factual, concise and to the point. It should be interesting and easy to read in short simple sentences. Include information that will add to your credibility, such as project results, positive accomplishments or accolades, research or project findings, important names and organizations or events that are relevant.
Tips for press release development
Keep your audience in mind when writing
Your story must have a title
Utilize keywords for SEO
Include a lead paragraph or summary
Have a body
Relevant facts (who, what, where and how)
Press release development is an integral part of any successful online marketing campaign for your medical practice. It can be highly effective if tailored correctly to meet todays SEO requirements.